Welcome at Eberbach Monastery...
... The WINE ESTATE of the former cistercian abbey!
900 Years of viniculture
The wine estate of the Eberbach Monastery, the latter of which was founded in 1136 by St. Bernhard of Clairvaux (Burgundy) has, through its tireless pursuit of quality, made wine history.
This centuries-old tradition has led the Eberbach Monastery to become the largest German estate, a tradition carried on after the monastery‘s secularization in 1803 through the Dukes of Nassau, then beginning in 1866 as Royal Domain by the state of Prussia and since 1945 by the Federal State of Hesse as proprietor of the wine estate.