An exception is a magnificent cabinet from the late Renaissance, which shows the Eberbach coat of arms, as well as a portrait gallery of the Eberbach abbots created in the 18th century.
If today – apart from the building complex itself – only a few testimonies to the artistic work of the Cistercians can still be seen in Eberbach, this should not obscure the fact that the networks of the order's monasteries were focal points of a lively exchange of art and culture over centuries.
The medieval furnishings are still represented by 83 tombstones to be found in the church and in the cloister, a large number of which have been placed there after extensive restoration work. Of particular importance is the baldachin tomb of two archbishops of Mainz and archchancellors of the Old Empire (Gerlach and Adolf II of Nassau), which was put together in this form in 1707 from medieval parts. In addition, the tombs in the transept and in the south chapels are particularly impressive.